The Environmental Safety and Hygiene Center is established by Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science under General Affairs Division, and dedicated to ensuring laboratory safety and hygiene, promoting environmental protection, and maintaining the safety and health of our faculty, students and employees within the campus. In order to effectively integrate school resources and implement environmental safety, health and protection, the Environmental Safety and Hygiene center has upgraded into first class administrative unit directly reporting to the President of the University in September, 2005.
- To scheme, promote, and administrate any affairs or educational training regarding laboratory safety and hygiene management, environmental protection and hazards control requested by government organizations or relevant laws and regulations.
- To implement decisions regarding laboratory safety and hygiene management, environmental protection and hazards control, stipulated by Environmental Safety and Health Committee and Hazardous chemicals Control Committee of the University.
- Director of the Center: Sheng- Kai Yang
- Executive Secretary of the Center: Chia- Yuan Chang
- Specialists responsible for safety and health affairs: Ms. Ying-Ting Chao
- Specialists responsible for environmental protection affairs: Ms. Hsiao-En Li Huang
- Work- study students: One person
- To scheme and impel plans or educational training related to laboratory safety and hygiene in the campus
- To manage water quality analysis from waste water treatment plant of the University, and equipment implementation and maintenance.
- To manage cleaning and delivery of wastes from laboratories and air quality control
- To supervise the regulations of toxic materials from laboratories, and handle the storage of toxic wastes, radiation protection, and biological safety
- To plan and promote campus water recycle
- To plan and promote campus air pollution control
- To facilitate campus aged chemicals and medicines exchange and re-utilization